Friday, February 13, 2009

Midnight

I'm falling in love with God's Word all over again. Here are some verses from Psalm 119 that are speaking to me. Maybe they'll minister to your heart, too.

119:18 Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

119:28 My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.

119:32 I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.

119:37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.

119:50 My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

119:55 In the night I remember your name, O Lord, and I will keep your law.

119:60 I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.

119:62 At midnight I rise to give you thanks for your righteous laws.

119:114 You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

119:147 I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.

119:148 My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.

119:165 Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.

119:176 I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey krista it's erica. i always stop by and read your blog and enjoy it, so i thought i'd leave a comment. i really enjoy reading your thoughts on God and His word, you have such a beautiful way of looking at things. i appreciate you blogging it :)
also ps 119:37 (one of the verses you have written) we have written down on a note card and taped to the top of our tv