Monday, May 4, 2009

Confessions

I was going to post some sweet pictures from the last couple weekends, but my camera & computer must be fighting; I can't get my memory card to load and I'm too tired to think about it much tonight.

So I spent some time talking to my sis online, and we were having some good laughs about our time in The Big W (Wisconsin)...you know, last summer when I worked for a friend of mine for a couple of weeks?

I confess that during those 2 weeks:
  • I ate almost 2 boxes of donuts single handedly. I might have let Jacque have 1 or 2 donuts...
  • I also gained 7 lbs. (I was 30 weeks pregnant, but still.) I was well within my weight gaining range before I went to WI....so I'm blaming it on the stress of the trip. :) My OB was none too pleased.
  • I realized that I never ever again want to work full time & be a mommy. If I can help it. WAY too stressful. (Not saying that it was necessarily "harder" than being a stay at home mommy, just more stressful. I think each job has its own difficulties...that's a whole 'nother blog post on that topic!)
  • That was the longest I have ever been away from my husband. It was really hard. A lot harder than I thought it would be. I don't ever want to do that again. I give a LOT of credit to military wives whose husbands are deployed (or vice versa). I mean a WHOLE LOT of credit.
  • I realized that I no longer thought of the Midwest as "home." This one's a little sad for me, since it stills feels like home in a lot of ways. But, as is always the case for me when we move where God leads, I found that home was back in good old Tennessee. Usually this transition takes me at least a year, so it was surprisingly early.
  • I peed in my pants at work. Yes, you read that correctly. Totally peed right through my pants. As in, had to call my friend whom I was working for and say, "I hope we're good enough friends that I can tell you this. But my sister took my son to the children's museum, so I have no car, and I really need you to take me back to my hotel RIGHT NOW so I can change my clothes, because I just peed all over myself." (We were good enough friends, and she laughed with me--after she made sure I hadn't broken my water--and we were both thankful I had brought an extra pair of black pants so no one else was the wiser.)
  • I was 2 feet from the Dalai Lama and didn't even know it. Read this post.
  • I never thought I'd miss the big sky and gorgeous green fields. But I do!
  • I also never thought I'd miss this belly. But I do. Some of the time...
  • I never thought being a mom could be so rewarding.

I feel better now. :) Pictures to come whenever I can help my computer reconcile with my camera.

1 comment:

Erica said...

those are funny! you could've turned that into a "not me monday" post like i did today! lol