Monday, June 9, 2008

It's too hot!

So I've been a bit of an emotional mess the last week or so...my poor husband. I don't ever remember feeling this way with Z, but I'm sure I did (& I'm sure he'd be the first one to remember each & every time!) :) Here's a "view from above"--it's blurry but you get the point, no more looking at my feet when I look down. The pink blob is my belly and my pretty pink toenails are lost until the end of Sept. when this little girl makes her appearance. At our last ultrasound on Thursday, she weighed 1 lb 4 oz & was looking good! We tried to get a 3D picture, but she was hiding her face with her hands.

I finally figured out how to make my "Memere" chocolate chip cookies again, as we call them. This put me in a bit of a good mood this weekend....I think the chocolate helped too! For some reason when we moved here I lost my touch and the cookies fell flat every time. I hate having to switch from a gas to electric stove--it makes cooking so difficult! So, 8 months later, I'm back! They were super yummy, and I'm trying to keep myself from eating them nonstop all day long.


Z's latest obsession has been with my shoes. His favorites are my black clogs, which he puts on the second he goes downstairs in the morning & pretty much wears them all day. He also loves to be shirtless as much as possible--I think the combination of no shirt & girly shoes is pretty funny! Here he is this morning wearing a few of my high heeled shoes (at least someone is wearing them--I've been sticking to flip flops).


The funny thing is that many times I will catch him with no shirt on, black clogs on, pushing his Dirt Devil vacuum around. Marc said the other day "where's the video camera when you need it?" Z is really into pretending lately, too. On Saturday, Marc caught him playing with these 2 butterfly toys he has. He was having the butterflies touch a button on the microwave (something he's not allowed to do), then he would take them over and put them in "his" time out spot and say "I told you to listen--now you have to go in time out." (He's not really in time out as often as he'd like others to think!)

Z & I had fun outside last week, trying to stay cool with his makeshift swimming pool (we emptied the sandbox) and his sprinkler. It's been in the 90s here for about a week now & pretty miserable for this pregnant woman. Here he is enjoying some watermelon outside.

Well, I've had some fun figuring out this blogger stuff (hence the pics all over the place), but I'd better get back to my normal routine so I actually get something done today!


No comments: