Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Crystal Light Pie

Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer is hosting a "5 ingredient or less" "works for me wednesday." I often view her blog but usually don't participate. Here is my contribution and it's a great summer dessert!

Crystal Light Pie

1 premade graham cracker crust
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
1 8 oz container Cool Whip, thawed
1 small carton of Crystal Light Pink Lemonade drink mix (enough to make 2 qts of lemonade)
milk (as called for on pudding box)

Make vanilla pudding as directed on box. Mix in Crystal Light drink mix, fold in Cool Whip. Pour all into graham cracker crust, replace lid to pie pan, and freeze for several hours. Serve either frozen or thawed (I like it better frozen, a bit more refreshing.)

You can use any flavor of Crystal Light drink mix, but I've found that the pink lemonade gives the best tart/sweet flavor. I've also used Tang & it turned out pretty good. Visit Shannon's blog for more 5 ingred or less ideas!

No comments: