Monday, August 11, 2008

Starting the day off right

Psalm 119:32-37

"I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free. Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word."

I completely embraced this passage for ME this morning--lately with all the changes and traveling in my life, my quiet time has steadily become less and less each day. It leaves me feeling empty, knowing why, yet for some reason I had not made the effort to feed my soul again.

Wow, this passage is like a cry right from my heart--like I just want to be taught all over again. I'm sitting at your feet again, Lord, listening to You. Speak to me Your life-giving Words and fill my soul again.

If you have a few free minutes, log onto my "myspace" page and listen to the song I have on there. It's a new one from Kari Jobe (not even on a CD yet) and is ministering so powerfully to me this morning. Here are the lyrics:


Sweep Me Away© Kari Jobe

Father I love Your ways
You came in your mercy, and died in my place
All I can do is bow
Because of Your mercy
And Your sovereign Grace

Sweep me away
Sweep me away in Your Love
Where nothing else matters(2x)

Tears rolling down my face
Because of your loveand your sweet embrace
The peace that just overflows
It’s here that I know
You have been waiting to

1 comment:

Roger said...

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for posting the lyrics to Kari Jobe's song "Sweep Me Away." I play guitar in our Praise Band at church and I can hear one of our vocalists singing this. So beautiful!