Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Catching up on life.

About every 3-4 hours I think of something to blog about, but just haven't had the time to sit down & do it. We got home from our WI trip on Friday night, spent Sat & Sun with Marc (which was wonderful!), and then started off our week with a bang by barely being home at all Mon & Tues. Today we've been hanging out at home in our pjs doing some housework and snuggling and napping. Ahhhh....

I really enjoyed my 2 weeks of working, but I'm so so glad to be back to my full time "mom and wife" job. The workload is about the same, but the stress load is much greater when I was working and then had to come back to the hotel, think about dinner, snuggle with my son, put him to bed, etc. By 8:30 I was ready to sleep and then had to start it all over again. I definitely DO NOT miss working full time, at least at this toddler/pregnancy stage of my life. And I have to give major props to all the single parents out there--don't know how you do it!

I know I posted about seeing the Dalai Lama in WI, but we also had something else happen that was really cool! We went out to eat at PF Changs one night in Middleton, WI and noticed a really big crowd next door at the Quaker Steak & Lube (a wings place)--lots of motorcycles and a stage was set up. We thought it was just one of those "things" going on & didn't really pay any attention until we noticed that lots of people were wearing those cool bright blue "Extreme Home Makeover" t-shirts. Then we realized that Paige from the "show" had just walked out of PF Changs right as we were going in, and we didn't even recognize her until we saw all the shirts. They were having some kind of auction thing to benefit either a charity or the family they were helping that week. I had heard they were in town, because Melissa (who I worked for the last few weeks) had mentioned that the Extreme H.M. team was playing a baseball game at a local field against the city team. How funny that both the Dalai Lama and Extreme Home Makeover were in the same 10 mile area of Wisconsin that we were in at the same time!

Better go get dinner going, but more stories & pics to come!

No comments: