Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Babies & other links

Maybe soon there will be a time in my life when things don't revolve around babies. But for now, this is my life, so this is what I think about. (Plus when you're so pregnant that turning over in bed becomes a 12-point turn, it makes it hard NOT to think about babies!)

Anyway, my point is that my blogging eye is drawn to these types of posts most often. I love recipe posts too, and this one combines the two. I was drawn to this blog simply because I can't imagine coming up with 365 meals/uses for my crockpot. I am really inspired by this post about making baby food in the crockpot--I can't wait to try it!

Elizabeth talks about setting boundaries for Time Online--this post really caused me to stop and think. Coming from full-time paid work to being a stay at home (and always working!) mommy, it has still been hard for me to "turn it off," so to speak, and just BE with my son or BE in my home taking care of things. It is so easy just to hide away at the computer...a friend & I have been chatting about this and how easy it is to become addicted to checking email or blogs or just plain spending time online when you could/should be doing something else. So this post came just in time! I am definitely going to be pondering this one....and making some hard decisions to keep myself accountable. (I'm sure that having a newborn will help make some of these decisions for me, though!)

And for all you married women out there (or soon to be), check out this post: 12 Things You Should Not Do to Your Husband. After almost 9 years, I definitely still need reminders about how to keep my hubby happy and how to respect him more. I have lots to chew on this week!

While I know I will be limiting my time online in some fashion, I am also so thankful for the internet. Most of the blogs that I subscribe to or visit from time to time are written by Godly women who are seeking the same things I am, and it is so helpful to stay in touch with what others are doing or facing. Just have to keep an eye on the time....

3 comments:

Julie Willis said...

Hi Krista,
I would love to hear your story of how you all made it to TN. The weather was hot last year in Sept. when we were there. We're to eventually move that way.

Julie Willis said...

Hi Krista,
I would love to hear your story of how you all made it to TN. The weather was hot last year in Sept. when we were there. We hope to eventually move that way.

Jon and Melissa said...

I used the super baby food book when I made my kids baby food. I like the crock pot idea I just think it would take longer. I had seen the crock pot blog too. She has some good stuff on there.