Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kielbasa Soup

I'm participating in a Comfort Food recipe swap over at Life as Mom. Head over there & check out some of the recipes!

This is probably my hubby's most favorite thing that we eat. It's one of the few soup recipes that I cook all through the year & not just during the fall/winter. Hope you enjoy!

Kielbasa Soup (makes 6 servings)

1/2 lb fully cooked kielbasa, diced
6 med potatoes, peeled & cubed
2 c frozen corn
1 can chicken broth (about 2 cups)
1 celery rib, sliced
2 carrots, peeled & sliced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
2/3 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp dried parsley (or 1 tsp minced fresh parsley)

In a large saucepan, brown kielbasa, drain. Set kielbasa aside. In the same pan, combine potatoes, corn, broth, celery, carrot & seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover & simmer for 15 minutes or until veggies are tender. Add milk, cheese, parsley and kielbasa. Cook & stir over low heat until cheese is melted & soup is heated through. (Be careful not to boil after adding cheese/milk or the cheese will separate.)

This is actually the first time I have looked at the recipe card in a really long time. I usually just use however much of each of these ingredients I have on hand & I always make a double batch because it goes fast. It's a really flexible recipe!

No comments: