Monday, December 8, 2008

Quick thinking.

Last week, Marc & I took the kids Christmas shopping. It ended up being one of those nights where you look at each other & say "What were we thinking?" :) It was past dinnertime so we decided to stop at Taco Bell to grab a quick bite to eat.

TB is one of our favorite places to eat as a family. Cheap, a little bit healthier than french fries & burgers, and did I mention cheap? Z is pretty familiar with the menu, but he always gets one of two things there off the less-than-a-dollar menu.

So it totally cracked us up when we all walked into the restaurant. Z walks up to the counter and before we could say anything, tells the cashier, "I need a large combo!" It was so cute...of course, he charmed everyone behind the counter!

In "Kenna news," I don't think I've mentioned here how things have changed drastically in the last 2 weeks. For the Better. (insert "Hallelujah Chorus" here) One day, she just woke up & decided to be happy. She doesn't cry all day & half the night like she did for the first 11 weeks of her life. She's started sleeping almost through the night...I can easily get her to sleep for 6 hrs at a time. On Saturday night, she slept 9 hrs straight!

Now I know this probably doesn't seem exciting to any of you, but for me....well, I feel like my whole world has opened up wide again. Possibilities await me. Free time abounds. Well, not quite! but you get the picture! She is a happy girl, smiling all the time, "talking" to us regularly, and today, she laughed for the first time! I can't even tell you how much joy she brings to us...she is such a miracle!

No comments: