Monday, December 1, 2008

Mommy love, part 1

The kids & I shared a room with my sister this week while we visited in Dothan. (Thanks, Katie!) It was a big room, so that wasn't a big deal. As a matter of fact, Zachary slept on a pallet in Katie's closet! He had a blast...

Anyway, one night my sis & I were reading before bed. I got ready to turn the light out about 11 pm, late for me. Something happened, I'm still not sure what, but somehow I completely knocked her lamp over. A really pretty, pink, ceramic, LOUD lamp. Which subsequently woke up my peacefully sleeping daughter. (who, by the way, has been sleeping 6-7 hrs at a time for the last week--Thank You, Lord!!)

I was initially really aggravated; being really tired myself, I just wasn't in the mood to feed her or rock her or anything. But you know, also being a Mom and having no choice, I did it anyway. :) As I nursed her and held her close, I just had one of those moments. You know, those moments as a mom where time stands still for just a second. And you realize, this moment is only just that....a moment.

I sat there holding her, wishing that I could somehow freeze this moment in time. Somehow immortalize it. Maybe even get it bronzed? Is that weird?

And then I thought of my mom, and how she tells me to cherish every moment, because it goes by so quickly. I think back over the last 3 years & realize I have no idea where the time went with Zachary. And how quickly the next 3 years will go with Kenna.....I'm not ready. I want time to stand still, to hold her as a baby forever. As long as she's sleeping through the night, anyway. :)

2 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

Amen girl. What you are going through is only temporary. In the whole scheme of things. Hard to see when you are in the thick of it. They do grow so FAST.

Jacque S. said...

okay thanks for making me cry...which is NOT that hard these days...i miss you SOOOOOO much it hurts!