Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sometimes I forget

Sometimes I forget...how AWEsome our Christ is. I was reading this passage from Revelation chapter 1:

"Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest. The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength.

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades."

Now, I'm not sure about you, but when I read this description of my Savior--I mean, really read it--I was blown away by the thought of Him. And next came the thought, "He loves me? No way."

Yes way.

1 comment: