Thursday, October 23, 2008

Company Chicken

I'm participating in a "meat & potatoes" recipe swap over at Life as Mom. (One of my favorite blogs by the way) This is a recipe that a good friend brought over to my house a few weeks ago. Not only was it awesome that I didn't have to make it, but it tasted phenomenal, too! Thanks, Jen!

Company Chicken

6-8 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
2 cans green beans, drained
4-5 medium potatoes (any kind), peeled & cubed
1 stick butter, melted
1 envelope Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix

Use a big roasting pan (I use 13 x 9 pan but sometimes you have to squish it all in there. If you have a bigger one, use it.). Place chicken in the middle, arrange green beans & potatoes on either side of chicken. Pour melted butter over all. Shake both dressing mix packets over top of all. Don't mix or do any other extra work. :) Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours.

You will want to make some kind of bread with this meal, because you've absolutely got to have something to soak up all this good butter sauce with. This is not a meal for those on a diet. I figure, I'm breastfeeding so I'm going to enjoy all these calories while I can!!

We made this a few nights ago when 5 of my family members came into town. I doubled it, made 2 13 x9 pans, and there was only a bit of potatoes left. It goes fast.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have experienced this recipe - so yummy! Funny you posted this... I just bought the ingredients to make it this weekend if we are still around and not in the hospital! yea for easy but good recipes!

Carry Grace said...

Hey Krista, this looks pretty yummy! I'm glad you found my blog, I'll be able to keep up with you now.

Carry Grace said...

How is that baby girl? I'm still not quite ready for another baby just yet.

You can write on just about any plate with a dry erase marker.

Linda said...

This sounds great. I like having all in one recipes (meat, potatoes, veggies). Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like the PC&A idea, but I'll have to reserve that for nights my teen boys are out. It just wouldn't be enough for them!