Friday, October 31, 2008

Visit to the Mayfield Dairy

On our way home from Alabama last weekend, we stopped at the Mayfield Dairy in Athens, TN. It's funny, but it's something I've been wanting to do for years. Yes, I said years. I know, I'm a weirdo. We barely made it...got in the last tour of the day.

We got to see how they made those cool yellow milk jugs, bottled all the milk, lemonade, etc. and make & package the ice cream. I must say I was absolutely fascinated. They wouldn't allow us to take pictures otherwise I'd show you. You'll just have to take a tour for yourselves...it's free.

The funny thing I didn't expect was that they made everyone wear hairnets. Marc had to wear one on his head & one on his face, too. He wouldn't let me get a picture of that, though. They even made Kenna wear one, so I just had to take a picture. Not every day your baby wears a hairnet!




1 comment:

Jon and Melissa said...

We went there in Feb. when M was like 10 mo and they made me put a net on her. It was so funny. She hept trying to pull it off and they would stop the tour and say, "Maam, She needs to have her hair net on" I am like she is a baby.