Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Links to learn from

I've hit some really good, thought-provoking posts this week. See if any of them minister to you as well.

Relating to parenting my children:

Be a Yes Mom by Blissfully Domestic....this has changed the way I do things this week. I'm definitely having more fun!

A great reminder about teaching First Time Obedience by Keeper of the Home. This is one of my favorite blogs to read. Keeps me on my toes!

My new favorite website: Raising Godly Tomatoes. I'm reading her book (it's on her blog) and oh my goodness where has this resource been the last 3 years? I've started working on some of the principles with Zachary and am already seeing a change.

Training vs. Discipline by The Finer Things in Life. This went along with the previous 2 links, but reminded me even more that I shouldn't just be correcting, I should be training. Definitely a difference in the two.

A great reminder to be praying for our children. I love the way that Angie added Scripture prayers to go along with the routine daily activities to keep us praying for our kiddos!

And the last one (whew), a heart-check: Envy vs. Admiration...When She's Got What You Want by Life as Mom. This is not parenting related, just girl talk.


I know this is a lot more links than usual, but I promise, every one of them is worth your time. I love being able to learn and be sharpened by other Godly women...even women I have never met!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the link! And thanks for the others... I've got lots to learn and apply! ;-) Amy

FishMama said...

So glad that my rambling was helpful to you!

Louisa said...

Hi there, found your blog through the link at Life as Mom. Off to check out your link suggestions now :)