Monday, November 3, 2008

Whew!

It's weeks like this last one that make me thankful for this:






These are pictures taken at the cabin me, Marc, & Kenna stayed at a few weekends ago. It was the epitome of peace. I was oh so sad to leave!
Most everyone is feeling a bit better today. Kenna has a cold but she's handling it well. Our carpet did not handle Z's illness well...we bought a deep cleaning vacuum yesterday. (nobody ever tells you what to do when your recently potty trained child gets diarrhea...)
In the midst of all the chaos, I still managed to make a pan of brownies, which were awesome, but I'm sure did nothing to help me lose this baby weight! :) Marc jokingly asked if they were laced with vodka...we were all a little stressed out this weekend. 2 cranky kids + 2 sleepy parents = chaos for sure! Pepsi is our "alcoholic" drink of choice...and we had some this weekend!
I'm so thankful for the Word of God, though. What a blessing and comfort in hard times! A good friend gave me this Scripture: "Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." Psalm 55:22 I've been pondering that word "sustain" and just meditating on this Scripture this weekend. Every time I was ready to get so angry at how my weekend was so far from what I'd planned, I remembered that no matter what I was going through, He would sustain me. Not only that, but His Joy would be my strength. It's only His Word and His promises that will get me through these tough young years and not only survive, but raise my children up to know the Lord.
But who can blame me for wanting to escape to that peaceful cabin in the woods? :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to get away and visit the new niece, but it's not in the cards just now... hopefully soon! Take care, love ya sis!

Stephanie said...

praising God that everyone is feeling better! the cabin looked awesome! what a wonderful retreat! The Lord must have known you were going to need it.